Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Time's a Wastin'

Okay so maybe Off the Face of the Earth was a bit of an overstatement yesterday. Because I totally still have tons of time to write here.

Running Word Total: 773 (Only 1227 words behind. On Day Two. Shit.)

Running Birthday Week Extravaganza of Drunkeness (BWEoD) Total: 1 for 1 (At least I'm excelling where it counts.)

I knew empirically that there are not enough hours in the day, but up until yesterday I hadn't really experienced it in a while. Because, like I said, I ain't been doing crap for the last month or so. I stopped going to the gym and started watching a lot of TV and eating cake. Thus my time after work seemed limitless, there was always room for a little relaxation and messing around. If there was something important that needed to be done, I could knock it out no problem.

Now with the advent of needing to write 2,000 words a day and the need to go out and get drunk every night for a week, I have lost all ability to get things done in an efficient manner. (Although I did get sloshed quickly. Again, I succeed where it counts!) After work yesterday I needed to:
  • Go buy a belt to replace the old one, sigh. This was accomplished but took over an hour, as I had to also wander around the store, buy some oil for the Truck of Malfunction, and dig through the clearanced Halloween candy. (Important aside, I think I function entirely on sugar nowadays. I've eschewed protein and carbs for straight refined sugar. And I love it. Remaindered candy rocks my world.)
  • Clean up the house since I refrained from doing so after the Half-Party of Scary Movies on Halloween. This did not happen at all and when I got home from BWEoD I managed to step on three glasses, knock over two cans of Dr Pepper, and ran headlong into a wall. That last one did not have anything to do with cleaning, but I felt it should be included, for accuracy's sake.
  • Cook dinner. Also did not happen, unless you count unwrapping fun-sized candy bars as cooking. Like I said, vive la sugar.
  • Write my 2000 words. Actually did start, but yeah only got to 773 before BWE0D was scheduled to start, and really if you don't set priorities it sets a horrible example for the children. Won't someone please think of the children?
  • BWEoD. The only truly accomplished thing of the night, although it did run a bit longer than I had scheduled. Kudos to Devon's mad drink making skilz and to VH1 for ensuring that I needed something alcoholic to cleanse my mind, in the form of the 100 Biggest Red Carpet Moments. (Although to be fair, that Madonna/Courtney Love moment was so frickin awesome. I had totally forgotten about that. "Access to a lot of drugs." Madonna was such a bad-ass.)
  • Iron all my clothes. To cover this one: Right now it's a toss up as to whether I look like I slept in my clothes on a park bench and then showed up for work (which is not necessarily ruled out, I was in a right state yesterday), or had been storing my clothes in Pringles cans before getting dressed.

But today I'm totally set up for proper time management. I already have my voter registration card and the map to the poll location so I can go straight from work. And BWEoD is at my place tonight, so there's a good chance I'll clean up the apartment, and I'll have to provide food so dinner will definitely be served. That whole writing thing might be an issue though, a good host never runs off to work on a novel during an event.

So huzzah. Go vote. Everyone who votes gets a free daquiri at the BWEoD tonight. If alcohol won't convince you to vote, I don't know what will.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jason Im looking for sites with information about carpet cleaning plano and found your site. Even though Time's a Wastin' is different than what i was looking for I found it intresting i see why your blog got my attention when i was looking for carpet cleaning plano related blogs I am glad I stopped by even though its not a perfect match Great Post! I enjoyed it Great Read! I have a Carpet Cleaning Company with a pretty good website carpet cleaning plano it has some good information on on carpet stains and pet odor if you ever need some advice on those things.
Thanks again
Sterling Myers