Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Thanksgiving

Today, a Fourth Grade Entry:

I am thankful for:
  • The fact that I got to institute Casual Wednesday today, since there would be no one else in the office and there are no meetings. Everything is more fun in a comfortable polo shirt.
  • The complete lack of people in my building today. I swear I am the only person on my entire floor. On one hand it is sort of creepy in a scene-from-The-Grudge kind of way but on the other hand it's awesome because without people around I've gotten so much stuff done that next week is gonna be a breeze. Oh, and strike that "only one on my floor" business, because I just went to the bathroom and I turned the corner and almost ran into this guy and I was so sure that I was alone that I let out a little girl yelp. Not my finest moment.
  • That guy in the red Saturn that was stopped next to me at the light this morning who was singing along to "Wishing and Hoping." How do I know that he was? Because I was too, and I looked over and we were totally singing in synch. The part that I am thankful for is that when we both looked at each other simultaneously and realized we were singing along to quite possibly the most girly song in the history of the world, he had the decency to just laugh and turn a little red, just like me. It could have been wicked embarrassing.
  • The Amazing Race, which is turning out to be an excellent season only two episodes in. And the pre-season stuff made it look like it was gonna be so bland. Included in last night's episode: grand theft auto, a rowing challenge, archery, and about 50 takes of people on roller-skis biting it. Too cool. Also included at no extra charge: Jonathan, the biggest tool that ever tooled. I don't think I've seen someone on TV that makes me yell at the screen more, with the exception of Marissa from The O.C. Shut up, Marissa.
  • The new Harry Potter on DVD, which is just as awesome as it was at the theatre. It has such a nice quality that I can't really describe. But it's totally unlike most movies and I just love the storyline. By far the best book and the best movie so far in the series. I just can't get over it. And that blender full of daiquiris last night sure didn't hurt the experience at all.

Hmm, we're gonna end it there. I'll be gone the rest of the week so nothing new until Monday. Back to the homestead for big time Thanksgiving, Christmas decorating, and holiday shopping. Totally one of the best weekends of the year. Here's hoping the TOM can make it all the way there in one piece. Lately I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.

Safe and happy holiday to you all, catch ya later.


1 comment:

erin said...

Love ya Jason! Thanks for answering my wacky phone call and assuring me that yes, 635 was close to where I was. Hope your Turkey Day went well! Miss you.