Thursday, November 11, 2004

Cable Guy

Wherein Jason learns the importance of not being a complete moron.

[Scene: Jason's office]

Jason's Boss: Hey Jason. The cable has been out since yesterday.

Jason: Oh dang.
Jason's Boss: Will you see if anyone else is having problems?
Jason: Sure.


[Jason wanders around to all the different offices like a vagrant, and ascertains that no one else is having any problems. He returns.]

Jason: No one else is having problems, I'll call the cable company.

[Forshadowing: Key scene not found here -- Jason actually checking the cable himself.]

[Jason calls the cable company, they will send someone out as soon as possible, since they have no reported problems in the area.]

------

[Next Day]

Secretary: The cable people are here.
Jason: Come on back. I haven't actually checked the cable today, so I don't know if it's working or not... [Jason turns on the TV. Static abounds.] Yeah, it's been like this for over a day.
Cable Guy: Hmm, [looks behind the TV] well everything looks fine here. [grabs the remote. Changes the channel. Perfect picture. Changes the channel again. Also, perfect picture.]
Jason: [realizes that the problem with the cable was not so much that the cable was out and more that no one in the office thought of checking to see if the TV was set to channel 92, which we do not get. Embarrassment is not really the word.] Uhhhh...
Cable Guy [conflicting emotions across his face - some pretty extreme annoyance right up against some serious humor, since he knows that he'll get some big laughs when he gets back to the office. He settles on a big smile]: Well, yeah, I think we're done here. If you could sign this...
Jason: [Dies.]

[/Scene]


Am I not the sexiest person you know right now?

Hi, I'm Jason and I am officially the stupidest cable customer on the planet. My trophy should arrive any day now.

1 comment:

frank said...

Jason! you remind me of my Physics Professor now everytime you say "sexy"

stop it.