Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The Day I Sold Out

I'm giving in to an Internet meme. Mostly because I can't think of anything good to write, yet feel compelled to put something out there. When did I become John Grisham?

Anyways (ganked from Whatever):

1. Open up the music player on your computer (if you have one -- the music player, I mean. Clearly you have a computer, because otherwise you couldn't read this).

2. Set it to play your entire music collection.

3. Hit the "shuffle" command.

4. Tell us the title of the next ten songs that show up (with their musicians), no matter how embarrassing. That's right, no skipping that Carpenters tune that will totally destroy your hip credibility. It's time for total musical honesty. You can put the list in the comment thread, or write it up in your blog or Journal and then post a link in the comments.

Here's my list:

1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Y Control"
2. Aretha Franklin - "Natural Woman"
3. Moonpools and Caterpillars - "Trampling Rose"
4. John Mayer - "Man on the Side"
5. Ben Folds Five - "Magic"
6. Dashboard Confessional - "Several Ways to Die Trying"
7. Count Basie - "St. Louis Blues"
8. The Shins - "When You Notice The Stripes"
9. Beastie Boys - "An Open Letter to NYC"
10. Dead or Alive - "You Spin Me Right Round"

I think it is totally awesome that nothing horrible popped up in there to destroy me. #3 is a little suspect, but I'm sure no one besides me has ever heard it, so I'm fine there.

Although I should probably go ahead and mention that 11. would have been an Ashlee Simpson song.

So what's yours?


4 comments:

frank said...

Here's my list!

1) Maroon 5 - Not Falling Apart
2) Final Fantasy 3 - Terra in the Black OC Remix (What the?! Where did this song come from?! Damn you Jason!!!)
3) Paris Hilton - Screwed
4) Christina Aguilera - The Voice Within
5) Pink - Waiting for Love
6) Maroon 5 - Rag Doll
7) Jessica Simpson - Let it Snow
8) Ashlee Simpson - Sorry
9) Natalie Imbruglia - Slow Down
10) Idina Menzel - Defying Gravity

erin said...

1. Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones
2. Balance Beam - Blue October
3. Sorry Hearts - 5591
4. Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen
5. Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler (oh boy)
6. Our Last Day - Jay Quinn
7. Californication - Chili Peppers
8. Already One - Jay Quinn
9. 1983 - John Mayer
10. I Will Survive - Cake

I was good till total eclipse, but every gir's gotta have her moment of Bonnie Tyler. Hey hey. Good times Jason.

deh-vin said...

1. Son of a Preacher Man by Dusty Springfield
2. Heaven by Los Lonely Boys
3. The Heat is On by Glenn Frey (Beverly Hills Cop Soudtrack)
4. Love Me Right by Ministry of Sound
5. Congo by Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine
6. Please Don't Go by K.C. & the Sunshine Band
7. I'm Telling Tim by NOFX
8. Worst Idea by Get Up Kids
9. So I Fall Again by Phantom Planet
10. Celebration by Kool and the Gang

Don't judge me!

Anonymous said...

1. crystal ship - x
2. luna's gone - mary chapin carpenter
3. several ways to die trying - dashboard confessional
4. ways and means - snow patrol
5. the bells are ringing - they might be giants
6. shoe box - barenaked ladies
7. a poetic retelling of an unfortunate seduction - bright eyes
8. elephant love medley - nicole kidman, ewan mcgregor, and jamie allen
9. why not me - the judds
10. this ruined puzzle - dashboard confessional

(this is natalie. you don't remember me.)