Monday, November 22, 2004

Fast Times and Car Repair

Again, Mondays leave me completely at a loss and bouncing all over the place. No time to get together some cohesive, gotta write write write:
  • Saturday I learned that I may officially be over my deep fried food love. When a turkey, ham, and swiss cheese sandwich deep fried and served covered with powdered sugar and raspberry sauce doesn't do it for me, you know something is wrong in the world. I'm a little bit scared, to tell you the truth. Although I think my heart is breathing a sigh of relief. Luckily, we're hitting the holidays soon, which are full of deep fried goodness, so I'll be able to tell if the new Jason has taken hold. Or if it's just a crazy fad, sure to fade away within the week - like the return of all the legwarmers that I keep seeing. Don't make me come over there, I will end you all.
  • Also learned on Saturday: A cup and a half of rum split between two people is still not enough alcohol to withstand the pain that is National Treasure. On the way to the theatre, we had a discussion on whether or not a quick shot was in order. It so was. Damn our lateness to the car. It's The OC's fault, as we were hypnotized by all the glamour of the rich and all the cuteness of the Adam Brody, until it was too late. Oh well. It was sort of funny, in an Oh-My-God-Why?-Nicholas-Cage-Why? kind of way. There's always a place in my heart for complete ridiculous fantasy stories. Especially when they involve a funny computer geek.
  • Sunday taught me that sometimes it is a bad idea to drink a bunch, go see a movie and then come home and drink some more because the movie was so bad. It wasn't necessarily a hangover, but I felt like I was moving slowly through water all day long. And I needed to give my TOM a thorough going-over, because it is in all kinds of bad shape. Instead, all I managed was to ascertain that my tires are all in trouble and to add a quart of oil to my strangely low engine. I don't take well to car repair, as I so often mention, so I take this as a great victory, but I am incredibly glad that I'll be back at home in a couple of days where my father is waiting with tools and mechanical knowledge. God bless people with common sense and a skill set that extends beyond television and ... well more television.
  • On the truly geeky front, I completed my OC Sims neighborhood, so all the drama of the rich and famous can now be played out on my personal computer. There is something way too satisfying about the fact that everyone in the whole neighborhood hates Marissa so much. Shut up, Marissa. Also on the incredibly-uncomfortable-but-awesome-to-watch-it-go-down side of things, the Ryan-Kirsten / Ryan-Seth love triangle makes me hide behind my hands for almost the entire time I play the Big Mansion. And I don't even tell them what to do, these things just happen on their own. I almost feel compelled to add screen captures to share the horror, but I haven't fallen that far yet. Emphasis on the "yet."

In other news, the holiday season is almost upon us and I cannot wait. I love decorating for Christmas so much. And now that I have an apartment, I get to have a big tree and everything. Ah debt, my old friend, it's good to see you again. In honor of the new time of year, this week will have a retrospective of the coolest holiday stories of my past. And by coolest, I mean sort of dorky and embarrassing.

Can you tell I'm running a bit dry on things to discuss? There's not much one can say about the new Britney Spears CD; it's a greatest hits collection for goodness sake.


1 comment:

frank said...

Britney Spears? not important? blasphemy!