Thursday, September 01, 2005

Not Dead...Yet

Until about 15 seconds ago, I entirely believed that today was Friday. And it felt good. The crushing truth is that it is Thursday morning and there are still miles to go until the long weekend.

This has easily been the worst week in recent memory. There are eminently writable thing to write, but my soul feels as though it has been sucked out of my body through my nose. There will be no writing of anything good until I recharge.

So things anyways:
  • I bought a Nintendo DS. It is pure awesomeness and gives me lots of nice mindlessness time once I get home and fall onto the couch all night long. Too bad it is massively unwieldy and I can't take it anywheres without looking like a dork.
  • A while back some moron tried to stop midway through a left turn on Hillcrest and backup into oncoming traffic. Unfortunately I was directly behind him and he crashed into my TOM. It was generally unscathed, but the turn signal cover was cracked. It finally broke on Friday, and so I got a new one over the weekend. Only, I suck at car repair and am physically unable to replace it myself. All I have to show for my efforts are my thumb, which is sliced to hell and back, and the tiny little cuts all over the knuckles on my right hand. I'm gonna have to give up and take it to a mechanic, because I can't replace a light cover. I am the lamest lame that ever lamed.
  • Work is utter rubbish and completely exhausting and so mindbendingly moronic that I have had to hang up the phone and walk down the hall to cool down on 3 different occasions this week to make sure I didn't just quit, and then bolt in the night to Kentucky to start my life anew.
  • New roommate comes in on Friday, old roommate has only begun to move stuff out. I foresee a Saturday of driving the TOM across the metroplex with no air conditioning because she needs her bed moved for her. Which sucks on many levels, from discomfort to doing things on a Saturday, to gas prices and moving things. At least new roommate comes with nothing but a computer and torn cardboard box half filled with clothes. Not too much effort involved there.
  • Party for new roommate's birthday is on Sunday, which means I need to have place cleaned tomorrow, so the moves won't be too destructive, because Saturday is the SMU game which leaves little time for actual party preparations. And I totally know zero people to invite. If you know Frank, by the by, you need to come. And let me know, so I can adequately prepare. There will be cake, and ice cream, and mixed drinks for all. Also, pointy hats.
  • All the stress, along with all the heat, has caused me to break out like a 15 year-old after a pizza party. Combine that with the fact that I'm wearing my Mormon outfit to work today, because I forgot to iron anything last night, and the dark circles around my eyes, and you have the least attractive I have been in the last 4 years. And in that statement I'm including 4 days unshaven/hungover Jason with the bad haircut that I used to rock during senior year. It ain't pretty, people.
  • Oh, and I've dropped 4 pounds since last Friday. I'm officially on the final hole on my belt and my watch is practically threatening to fall off my wrist. Difficult work situation = Anorexic Jason, all of a sudden.

Theoretically everything will get better once the weekend hits, work will slow down, the Labor day sales will go up and I will finally get around to making my big fall purchases (living room furniture and washer/dryer). We will see how it goes.

1 comment:

frank said...

whatever Jason!!!


You forgot I have a VCR too. Which can record all the crappy shows that you like. You better recognize!

PS- I'm cool.