Friday, September 16, 2005

Anywhere But Here

I would rather be anywhere else in the world right now than in my office. Edge of an active volcano, the middle of a herd of goats in Idaho, on a raft somewhere in the Pacific Ocean with no companion other than a volleyball - anywhere.

I will give no specifics because I like being able to work at my company, but they are having what is literally the stupidest employee morale day I have ever come remotely in contact with. And in that I'm including the time that I worked as a temp for the employee day up in Plano where grown men were basically forced to engage in carnival games and beat on each other with foam bats.

It combines everything I hate about corporate culture, fake sentiment, really stupid slogans, and bad t-shirts into one complete horror of a day that makes me just want to curl into a tiny ball under my desk.

And I swear, if one more person says the slogan to me today there will be dire consequences.

--------

An update - before I even managed to post this, two different people called me and chirped the slogan into my ear. I hate people. This day cannot end fast enough.

No comments: