Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Exhausted Travelogue

I've just received my very first death threat concerning blog posting. Namely that I will be killed if I don't do it more often. Which means that I've finally arrived in the world, so to speak. In any case, it's a sign that I should finish up my write-up on the weekend exploits.

There are only three things of note to discuss from the long weekend, but I'm in a very verbose mood right now.

Saturday = Football game: I went to the SMU opener on Saturday, because I believe in supporting the band in all its endeavors, especially when those endeavors happen to occur after the sun sets so I don't get an unsightly sunburn. As usual, the team managed to lose all steam heading into the fourth quarter and defeat still tastes about the same (slightly bitter, a little tangy, but somehow comfortingly familiar). I learned that I have no staying power anymore without the conditioning that the band provides, in that my arm was actually sore from throwing up the pony ears for 4 straight hours, and my throat was exhausted within 2 hours, and still kinda hurts. Soft spoken and unathletic is my new way of life. I'm not sure where I went wrong.

All that said, man the TCU game next week is gonna be awesome, in that fresh hell sort of way. They beat Oklahoma. We lost to Baylor. (PS to all you Baylor people - why you gotta be all parking in my spot? Do you know how far I had to walk to get to the stadium? I could have just walked from my apartment and made better time. Also, your smack talk sucks.) I envision a game much like my freshman year, only instead of losing by 64 points in the freezing cold and losing my voice entirely yelling Click 125 times, it will be mild and breezy for our upcoming trouncing, with little to no chance of ruined vocal cords.

Sunday = Party: New partial roommate Frank made his move-in on Friday, and Sunday we hosted the extravaganza that was his birthday party. Delightfully low-key and successful, critics reported, despite the glaring fact that I forgot it was a Sunday and thus had to make do with very limited alcohol reserves, and despite the fact that the movies Frank chose for the night were Honey and The Wedding Date. (Bitch, how you gonna play me like that, indeed.) The food was good, the drinks were good, and the Sponge Bob and Darth Vader party hats were sheer brilliance. Even clean up wasn't that bad. Although I may need to auction off a kidney or two to pay off all the ridiculous debt I've ran up in the course of the last two weeks, it was a doubleplusgood time.

Monday = Not a Damn Thing: Monday was revised to No-Pants Monday and I did nothing all day but watch like 12 consecutive hours of Law & Order. The fact that I had seen every single episode before at least twice did nothing to slow me down. I also played hour upon hour of Advance Wars and may indeed love that game more than any other ever. I left the house only once, and that was to go onto the patio to shoo away the damn rogue cats that have set up base camp on my property. I am not swayed by their cuteness, or their tiny-ness, or their adorable little kitten faces. They are a menace and must be dealt with accordingly. Any reports that you hear about me buying cat food are spurious lies created by the propaganda machine that is the kitten lobby.

After the finely tuned hell that was last week, I expect this work week to be sunny and mild with only a 12% chance of me quitting in a righteous huff of indignation and ire.

I like those odds.

1 comment:

frank said...

you forgot about the choreographed dance moves we learned from the Special Features on Honey!!!!

BTW: I didn't mean to hit Megan in the face during that one dance move. She was all up in my space!! I was throwing a snap or something and she was just there! Going the wrong way on the "Throw & Snap," I might add!

She had it coming.