Monday, August 22, 2005

Wait, What Time is It?

Do you realize that it is almost September? What the hell happened to this year? The lease on my apartment ends in under 2 months. It seriously feels like maybe 45 days ago that I signed that 11 month lease extension. And now it's about to expire. Which means I've been at my soul-sucking job for well over a year now. Whatever happened to those good old days of carnivals and guarding fashion shows?

Man, perspective is weird.

Anyways.

So I went looking for apartments on Saturday, and learned that a) you should always call ahead for an appointment, b) Dallas is freaking expensive, and c) fucking hot. That trip, along with my 4 phone calls today, has basically cemented the fact that I'll be renewing my lease on my current place. Screw moving, when this place is practically paying me to stay.

I mean, on some level I've always assumed that this place would be the death of me. But the price for this place is 247 dollars a month less than the next cheapest place. And that place is in an even more ghetto-y area than this one. With 120 less square footage. And on the third floor. I mean, stairs? Are you kidding me?

The final decision will come tomorrow, after my job review to make sure I'm in a place of continued employment for another year. 'Cause if I'm not, I'm totally bolting in the middle of the night to Kentucky, to start my new life under an assumed name on Jim's couch. But more than likely, my job is secure and I'll be picking up another year of soul-sucking work and carefully updating my apartment in the most tacky ways possible. (Next up: matching tacky furniture!)

God, this is boring. You know what my next big thing to talk about is about to be? I'm going to the optometrist later on this week once my appointment is finalized. I'll finally have my contacts again. Finally, I will be free of the geek. Except, where I still am one, just without glasses. Sigh. This is the lamest entry in the history of the world. When did I become so boring? Oh right. I remember. Never mind.

Seriously, I have nothing, this is just depressing. Can I seriously not have done anything embarrassing in the last 4 days? I almost yelled at a small child on Friday for mocking me, but I totally deserved it, so I can't really complain. Geez. I should just stop typing, but I really don't want to give up.

Umm, I managed to get through my Best Buy trip without making any overtly ridiculous purchases, getting Sin City, my legal copy of the new Nickel Creek CD (which, yeah, is awesome), and the latest season of Will & Grace on DVD. Each one on extreme sale, so it was easy to rationalize. Frank kept me honest and away from the digital cameras, which I now want more than anything else in the world, now that I've borrowed his and realized how much fun a real camera is. I don't pretend to know what I would photograph, but I really want to have the power available at all times.

Okay, fine, I'll stop, this is just getting depressing. Like when you're fishing and you catch one, and then it's in the boat with you, all flopping around and judging you with his beady little eye, all "well, I hope you're pleased with yourself" and it just won't stop moving and you feel bad but just can't look away and you want to just give up and throw it back, but then what was the point of going fishing if you don't have anything left at the end to eat and you can hear the fish in your mind going "And you couldn't go to, say, Wendy's? No, you needed to get your food out of a lake. Well aren't you special? Big man, huh?" and it's even worse, but you aren't about to let that fish shame you, I mean, you caught him, how's he gonna be acting all superior and oh dear lord, quit anthropomorphizing the fish, you have to eat it later.

Or maybe that's just me. I just can't get behind the concept, so maybe the fishing metaphor is only apt in my mind. Crap. Just stop typing, you're only making it worse.

Okay, now. I'm done. Seriously. Totally stopping. Right.....now.

Bye.

No comments: