Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Engineer!

I got home from work yesterday around 7:00 pm. (I did not, as previously expected, buy a Nintendo DS, but instead was a proper adult and went to the grocery store and bought food. Stupid responsibility. And having to eat.) My plans for the night were quite complex: cook dinner, eat dinner, and watch Primer, which was left by Sean over the weekend as required viewing. Theoretically there was also available on the agenda, time to: get some writing done, play some Warcraft, and speak to the multitudes of people online who are now back in town.

Alas, in the end, only one of these many goals was accomplished. Because I never got around to dinner (cooking or eating) and my internet went down for the majority of the night. Do you have any idea how dependent I am on my dedicated cable line into the internet? Well for one, without the internet Warcraft is impossible. And writing becomes out of the question, as I can't sit in front of my computer to type without having a distraction of the AIM window up and an internet browsers going at all times. I'm just too fidgety.

So all that was left was Primer, which was excellent. Very....engineer. Not that I understood anything in the last 25 minutes or so. And considering the movie was only like 70 minutes long, that is quite the while to be confused. But it was a fun ride, while it lasted. And just a little bit very creepy.

I then spent roughly 4 hours on the phone with various family members - parents, siblings, etc, and one very drunk friend, which, it's a Monday night man, for shame. During this multitude of phonings, my internet reappeared and I tried gamely to do both IM and cell phone at once. Believe you me, it's utterly impossible, at least on this end. One handed typing while trying to keep three threads of conversation going? No. I assume the majority of people I spoke with last night figured I was on some sort of debilitating medication, based on such stellar responses as "Umm, yes?" and "Huh?" and the every illuminating "Uhh...."

It was a long, strange night and by the end I was almost certain that the movie was real and my double was biding his time just out of sight. Sleep was restless, to say the least.

Oh. And all the finality of the apartment situation was thrown out the window, and we get to start fresh again today. I love making decisions at the last goddamn moment. Keeps me feeling alive.

And I didn't even get any dinner. What's up with that?

1 comment:

erin said...

i didn't get a call :(
hey i'm going to be in dallas on the 9th-11th, we should go to dinner.

YAY INTERPOL!

and cute boys that buy you interpol tix. :)