Monday, August 01, 2005

Seasons in the Sun

So in addition to watching every movie available to my grasp that did not star Jessica Biel and Ray Charles as jet plane pilots up to no good, I also did some cooking this weekend.

Specifically, I baked a pie. It was a cream-cheese blueberry pie and it was completely awesome. It is a pie of legacy, in that my mother passed down to me the very complex secret recipe required to instill the proper amount of deliciousness. (The secret step: Now stir in at least one full cup of pure granulated sugar. Maybe more.) I managed to eat all but two slices of the thing in the course of about 30 hours. I now weigh more than your average oil tanker. That's another part of the secret recipe. And I still have enough ingredients to make at least one, possibly two more pies at a later date. Although the creation of pie #1 involved the exploding of my new electric mixer that I bought specifically for the occasion, so I will either have to get a new one, or learn how to wisk things incredibly fast. It's never a good sign when a small appliance starts shooting sparks at you within 30 seconds of turning it on for the first time.

-----------------

I was also involved in a hideous car crash this weekend, which I am happy to report was not entirely my fault. By which I mean it was not my fault at all, since the fool decided mid-turn to slam on his breaks and then back up into traffic and also into the front left side of the TOM. Luckily, there was no damage except a crack in the little yellow casing on the light. I think it greatly disturbed Sean who was passengered on the voyage and will probably never ride along with me again. I just take these sort of things in stride, however, as people love to run into the TOM. I believe this makes the it the 3rd time since January? And yet, the little guy still soldiers on. He's such a trooper. But it does instill in me the desire to actually get around to getting a new car and finally let the poor TOM retire to a farm where he can run around in a big field and have fun chasing squirrels and whatnot.

No comments: