Friday, August 05, 2005

Dallas is Weird

On the way in to work today, there were two signs that caught my attention. One was tacked up to a telephone pole, the other was in some way attached to a 'Caution Construction Ahead' sign. They were basically identical, both handwritten in what almost certainly had to be Crayola brand markers on white posterboard.

They both said:
---------------------------
Unwanted Items?
CALL - 214-345-****
---------------------------

I can't begin to wonder what that was about. But now I really want to call that number. Only I don't have an items that are unwanted. Maybe if I get some furniture this weekend I can call about my couch and futon that I'll need to abandon.

Intrigued is never a good way to go through life.

--------------------------------------

So, IKEA Frisco just opened up like two days ago. I will be going either tonight or tomorrow morning. I have a very good feeling about this place. the IKEA in Houston was like the mothership beconing to me. This one is like 10 miles away. I am all over cheap Swedish furniture in bright colors. If there's a store gayer than IKEA, I haven't found it yet.

1 comment:

erin said...

IKEA IKEA IKEA IKEA IKEA

ikea houston almost stole my soul last time I was there. I LOVE THAT PLACE.