Friday, January 21, 2005

Dislocation

I am exactly three steps behind the rest of the world today. It took me 5 minutes to order lunch because I couldn't seem to wrap my brain around each individual question as it was posed to me.
"Grilled or battered?"
"Huh?"
"8 or 12 piece?"
"...Uh,"
"Medium or Large?"
"...Er,"
"Fries or coleslaw?"
"...Umm,"
"What kind of drink?"
"COKE, for the love of God, a Coke!"

I'm not sure what's causing it. I actually got some nice sleep last night and it's a Friday, I should be rocking. Instead, I have this blank stare on me at all times and there's at least a 3 second delay between the time someone tells a joke and the point where I get it. I'm finding it very difficult to keep from staring at my shoes when I walk around. I would fear a carbon monoxide leak in the building, except 1) I was exactly the same at the restaurant, and 2) the canary beside me is doing just fine.

Look at that. Is that a joke? I can't tell. It feels like it should be, but it's not funny. But I kinda think it is. But it's totally not. I should probably erase it. But I probably won't.

I heard a good joke yesterday. Goes like this:
----
Why do anarchists only drink herbal tea?
Because proper tea is theft.
----
Of all the things I enjoy in life, I think my favorites are the nerd puns.

Oh, and also:
----
I know a farmer who has 200 head of cattle.
He thought there were only 196 until he rounded them up.
----

Okay, I really need a drink right now.
Cheers to your weekend!

No comments: