Thursday, June 29, 2006

I Can Already Hear the Snickers

Ugh.

So somehow last night while I was asleep, I a pulled a muscle. Okay, specifically, I pulled a groin muscle. This had to have happened sometime between 3:30am (when I woke up and got a glass of water (and bruised my elbow on the counter going into the kitchen)) and 7:48 (when I finally dragged my lazy ass out of bed). It seems like a very short window of opportunity.

This doesn't seem possible, it's not like I was running the 40 yard dash last night, I was asleep. And I don't remember any dreams about being chased by rabid clowns (for once, finally). But oh dear lord, when I did drag my ass out of bed, I took one step and collapsed onto the ground like I took a bullet to the knee. Or, y'know, groin. The pain, she is exquisite.

So today is my day of limping around and wincing. I could really use a cane right now.

Strike that - I really want a cane now. A really pimp cane, possibly with an eightball on top. But I think buying a cane is a little drastic. Plus, I don't even know where you'd find one. What sort of shop do you think pimps frequent that sells canes?

Wait.

Now I'm really intrigued. Where do pimps get all of their accoutrements? Big purple hats with feathers, velvet suits, fuzzy steering wheel covers, pimp canes - these things are not usually stocked in your normal stores. The only place you can get them is novelty stores, and I know no self-respecting pimp shops at a novelty store. They buy the genuine articles, hats with feathers that were created with serious, non-ironic intentions.

Is this what that song was about? It's hard out there for a pimp, to find a good pimp gear supplier?! That makes so much sense. I feel their pain now. Me and the pimps, we're like this now. [insert hand gesture representing closeness with pimps here. use your imagination.]

No comments: