Thursday, December 02, 2004

Sharing the Pain

So yesterday I got to experience the joy of a hangover for the first time in, oh, 2 years or so.

For future reference, never skip dinner, eat a bunch of refined sugar in the form of 100 pixi sticks and then drink enough vodka and rum to sink a small ship. You will end up near death. And of course the sun will be shining so brightly that you will wish for a nuclear winter just to keep the rays from drilling any deeper into your skull. And you will get up, vomit, brush your teeth, vomit, shower, vomit, and then still need to go to work. And when you get there, you will have to deal with a thousand inane people all day who believe that their one common goal in life is to do and say anything that will allow them not to do their jobs and screw you over. And then you will get stuck in traffic for an hour on the way home because someone thought it would be cool to transport a couch on the back of their truck without anything tying it down and it managed to end up lying in the middle of 75, looking very forlorn. And of course everyone will then slow down to look at it, because it is 1) a couch on the highway, and 2) possibly the ugliest couch ever designed by human hands. And then you will get home and your house will reek of vodka and rum and spoiled bacardi mixer because you left the bottle out last night when you made up those daiquiris that got you into this mess in the first place. And then you'll try to make dinner, only to burn everything and make an even worse smell in the apartment. And so you'll make a frozen pizza for dinner, down enough Advil to make you wish you had stock in the company and collapse on your futon and end up in bed before 10:30 at night. And it will suck.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by Jason's 20/20 Hindsight.

4 comments:

frank said...

One question: Where did you get that Christmas Beanie!?

Jason said...

Oh, I do love that Christmas beanie. I feel like it should get its own entry. But oh well. I've had it forever, it actually belongs to a cookie jar in the shape of a santa that my mom got as a gift a while back. But it is awesome as a hat too. I found it when I went home for Thanksgiving and wore it throughout the entire visit, only to spirit it back to Dallas with me.

If I can ever get the picture posting thing to work, I'll put up a nice shot of it. It is the coolest part of Christmas.

deh-vin said...

Sorry to hear about your bad day Jason. To make you feel better I will tell you that I woke up earlier than I needed to, drove around uptown for a while, past the Village, Maple Manor (home of the first two band banquets) and back down a mystical street called Howell for 15 minutes until I remembered where the hell the parking lot was for my new job. But I had a really great day! Thanks for getting drunk with me!

erin said...

cheer up Jason. You could be doing 3-way ANOVAS and churning out numbers for the biggest eviliest stats test ever and not understanding a word of it. Kthanks.