Friday, November 02, 2007

The Worst Conversation to Start a Friday On

Receptionist: So, got any big plans for this weekend?

Jason: Nothing too special - going out to dinner with my family on Saturday; it's my birthday this Monday.

Receptionist: Really?! How old will you be? Wait, don't tell me, I'm really good at guessing.

[She eyes Jason up and down carefully.]

Receptionist: 32!

Jason: Uh, 26 actually.

Receptionist: Ohhh... Well, I probably estimated high because... you seem so mature.

[Jason nods, with a tight smile.]

Jason: Of course.

Fin

3 comments:

Mark said...

Ha ha, that's hilarious, I like it.

deh-vin said...

I love you Jason. I don't think you look 32. But maybe you should get more sleep anyway...

Julia said...

Happy Birthday old man! If you round up you'd be 30. Okay. You can give me crap when it's my turn.