Monday, November 12, 2007

Charity Man, Charity Man

In continuing the theme of charity and goodwill I've got going with the rice and my lack of vocabulary - y'all know I'm big on the Donors Choose, right? It's totally the best charity, because you get to pick out individual things to fund - right down to the classroom if you'd like. You know exactly where your contributions go and they're directly felt.

In just this past year I've been able to help autistic kids get context recognizing computer equipment AND send a busload of kids to the aquarium to see a real live shark. That's a pretty awesome non-profit, if I do say so myself.

And anyways, since I need a whole lot of good karma to survive, building it up by funding individual school projects seems like as good a method as any.

All of that to say that the last project I picked for funding - Clay and Origami for Inner City Dallas Kids is still $115 dollars short, and the timeline is already half over. So if you have some spare cash, you should look towards helping small children learn how to fold cool animals and/or shape them out of clay.

Because all kids should know how to fold things, and you know you could use the extra karma.

----------------------

I swear I'll get back to longwinded stories about injuring myself soon enough. (Also a recap of a crazy homecoming weekend, which saw me out in the world, doing real things. Crazy!)

No comments: