Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Uh, Ow?

Okay, I love my dentist.

ALTHOUGH

He did make some horrible jokes. Terrible in fact. ("You have very deep grooves in your teeth. One might even say that you were 'groovy'." That sound you hear is the pun-capacitor in my brain exploding.) And there was one point at which there was a literal cloud of tooth dust hanging over my head and bits of tooth on his protective glasses and there was this horribly acrid stench in the air... and he was singing along to a Journey song on the radio. And he shot me up with so much anesthetic that my entire mouth was numb for 4 hours after I left the office, ensuring that I would talk extra crazy for my client meeting. And instead of referring to it as "pain" he would only call it "discomfort." As in, "I'm about to jam this needle directly into the exposed nerve of your tooth, so you may feel some discomfort."

BUT

The first appointment was a rousing success, in that he was awesomely able to save my tooth without breaking anything, and we might be able to finish the entire process in just one more visit. Including wisdom tooth extraction and capping. Which is pretty sweet.

ONLY

Now my jaw hurts like a sumbitch and I've got some intense...discomfort going on in the bottom of my tooth as the magical medicine particles kill off whatever nerve endings are still left in the gaping maw that used to be my back left molar. I mean seriously, I am tearing up just sitting here not even moving my jaw.

BUT

My awesome dentist gave me a nice prescription for some tasty pain medication for the night, which I get to go pick up on my way home from work. Ah, delicious pain-numbing drugs, how I've missed thee.

ANYWAYS

So yeah, my dentist, he is awesome.

And everyone better be extra nice to me today, because I am a brave little trooper.

No comments: