Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Drilling

First off, check my pumpkin (Ignore Roommate Frank in the picture, all takin' credit for my hard pumpkin workings). Is that not the hottest thing you have ever seen? You have no idea how hard that was to craft, using only a pushpin and a steak knife.

-------------------------

So yesterday, after literally months of machinations, I finally made it to the dentist. Seriously, short of the financial aid office at SMU, I have never had a more complicated bureaucratic hassle than trying to find a dentist that is covered by my health plan. Only to find (6 weeks later) that the bureaucracy was totally for nothing, as I have the lame plan that pays for less, but I can use in any office I want.

In any case, I finally picked out my dentist, (who I later come to find is cool, young, and not just a little flamboyantly homosexual, (which is neither here nor there in relation to this story, but is included for the sake of color and my own amusement)) and made it to his carefully hidden office with time to spare. Weirdly enough, his office is in a house, which is pretending to be an art gallery, which also happens to have a dentist's office inside. There were several layers of odd involved, but the art was very pretty. Anyways, I get all strapped in and the cute dentist does the examination of my teeth of doom.

Doom being the operative word, as I need all sorts of painful and expensive procedures, now that my small tooth problem has become a brain-meltingly critical problem over the 6 week course that it took to find a dentist. Isn't irony delicious? Had I bit the bullet and just paid the full price for one visit back in the beginning, I could have saved something like 700 dollars and several extensive mouth-invasive procedures. Believe you me, I'm laughing on the inside.

This means I'm on an aggressive drug regimen this week to combat the tooth decay that is trying to worm its insidious way into my brain and next week will have to get all drilled into at least once, but more likely it will be three times - one for drilling, one for wisdom tooth extraction, and one for capping.

Which cancels out my beautiful plan for finishing off my apartment decoration by my birthday - financially crippling furniture purchases are pushed back in the face of financially crippling teeth issues.

Eh. At least my smile will be beautiful. It will compliment my hideously deformed hand nicely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If this is right ...