Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Mmmm....Filler

One of those entries that I love, wherein other people provide prompts for your content. Sweet, sweet, not having to think independently.

(Borrowed from gheypunk Literati, otherwise known as what you really should be reading right now.)

1. Tell me something obvious about you.

I am a horrible dresser.

2. Tell me something about you that many don't know.

I've already answered this before, and I can't think of anything new. That may be the laziest I've ever been - in a lazy list entry, linking back to an earlier lazy list entry because I'm too lazy. I feel like the world should have been sucked into some kind of vortex by now.

3. What is your biggest fear?

Is it too cliched to say clowns? Because seriously. I also have an unending fear of being attacked from behind while I sleep, which is why I always need to have my bed up against a corner in order to be fully rested.

4. Do you normally go the safe route or take the short cut?

Heh. People can't even pay me to take the short cut. Risk scares me like it's a clown.

5. Name one thing you want that you can't buy with money.

I refuse to be suckered in by this touchy-feely question. X-ray vision.

6. What is your most treasured possession?

Hmm, normally I would say my television, which is the one actual purchase I've made which I love unconditionally. But I'm going to go with the stuffed beaver that Jules made for me that lives on my bed. He is both cute and perfect.

7. What is the one thing you hate most about yourself that you do often?

I cannot stop myself from telling lies to people that I don't know well. It's this weird mechanism I have during awkward conversations so that people won't think I'm boring. Or insane. Which is a little crazy in and of itself, but undetectable in normal circumstances.

8. What is your favorite lie to tell?

Wow, those questions dove-tailed nicely. Umm, I'll go with the interpretation of "favorite" as "most often used" and say: "Oh, that's not a problem at all."

9. Name something you've done once that you can't wait to do again.

Dirty! Uh, actually this is lame but my answer is "buy a car," because it fits all criteria: I've only done it once before, and I really can't wait until I get the new one squared away.

10. Are you the jealous type?

Yes, although I am masterful at hiding it. Growing up in a repressed family has to have some bonuses later in life, right?

11. What is the one person, place or thing you can't say no to?

All three just for thoroughness: Brint, Best Buy, and Pixi Sticks. I'm very easily controlled.

12. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?

Straight up: My dad turned down a pretty large promotion based basically on my happiness. There are many layers beyond that and I wasn't aware of it at the time, but it now makes me completely indebted to him forever. Which is what he was probably going for, now that I think about it. He's always been one for long term thinking. Clever guy.

13. If you could do something crazy right now, what would it be?

Get up, drive to the airport, and fly to San Francisco. Jules keeps tempting me with cool temperatures and the promise of a nearby ocean. Landlocked at 106 degrees is no way to go through life.

14. When was the last time you cried?

Um, last week when I was watching Return of the King on DVD. Shut up, it's sad! Elijah Wood is leaving forever!

15. When was the last time you felt so good that nothing else mattered?

April 28, 2005.

16. Do you feel comfortable in public with no shirt on?

I suppose...although lately I've got the computer scientist pallor going on. Maybe if I got a little more sun...

17. Name something embarrassing you did while drunk.

Jesus. One thing. Got lost on campus because I couldn't remember where I lived and only made it home by following cars headed towards the dorms.

18. Name one person, past or present, with whom you'd like to spend the day.

This is the question I despise more than any other list question, and yet it is always asked. Zelda Fitzgerald. For no good reason other than I was reading her biography earlier and she sounds completely crazy, which I can totally get behind.

19. Name one place you've never been and would like to go, and tell me why.

I've had this insane urge to want to visit Rome lately. I have no idea why. I think reading is a bad influence on me. My second answer would be Mars, because I think I look good around red things.

20. What's the story behind your online persona/name?

The name comes from the fact that it is my...name. And my persona is mostly how I am in real life, only more articulate and less prone to swearing. Theoretically, I am more belligerent and my opinions are more numerous here on the interwebs. Clever, right?

Okay, yeah, it's not. Still an excellent Futurama quote, though.

------------

You?

No comments: