Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Knees, Pirates and Cookies

Yesterday afternoon, I was in the office. I quickly turned away from the copier to answer the phone at one point, and promptly tripped over something (likely culprits: the ground and/or my own two feet) and slammed my knee into the file cabinet corner. I'm pretty sure the entire floor heard my following obscenity. Now there's no way I'm getting invited to any company Christmas parties.

I walk with an odd gait now, sort of how I imagine a pirate with a wooden leg would walk, if he were in an office setting. I refrain from saying Arrrr, however, since it's just a bruise, and I imagine a pirate in an office would have a little more decorum than that.

Anyway, results of my clumsiness:
  • I couldn't continue my 'Death by Jump Rope" routine yesterday, so that will definitely push back the 10 minute goal by another 14 years.
  • When I got excited during The Amazing Race last night and jumped off the couch, I immediately collapsed into a writhing heap o' pain. A heap that was still yelling "Run, fool, run!" but a heap nonetheless.
  • Today, my knee is a lovely shade of purple-ish red that somehow perfectly complements the color of my shirt. Even in pain, am excellent at outfit coordination.

In other, less painful news, I was still able to cook last night and made some awesome chocolate chip/walnut cookies that only set the fire alarm off once. Between those and my amazing guacamole skilz from this past weekend, I'm well on my way to becoming a master cooking guy and appearing on that Iron Chef show. You'll be able to recognize me by the pronounced limp and pirate-like demeanor.


1 comment:

Jason said...

Pirates? What on earth was I going on about? I solemnly swear never to post that early in the morning again, or I will at least wait until I've had my first cup of coffee. Geez...