Friday, August 13, 2004

Friday Morning Haze

On the way into work today, I laughed at one of those morning radio "personality" shows. And God help me, it was not the first time this week. It's a sickness, I tell you. It's how work gets to you: you start getting up earlier, going to bed earlier, thinking about salary, and before you know it, you've got a house, a mortgage, lower back pain and you laugh at morning radio talk shows. Damn you, adult life! Additionally this morning, I received in my email the following message:

THIS IS GOD
TODAY I AM GOING TO DEAL WITH ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS --I WILL NOT BE NEEDING YOUR HELP!!!!


This worries me to no end. First of all, when did God get my email address? Second, the way it's worded, it looks like God is pissed off that I was apparently trying to help deal with my own problems. Well excuse me, Email God, sorry to be so proactive, I'll try to do less today. And third, why does God feel the need to talk in ALL CAPS? I'm not deaf, God of the Electronic Mail System. (Although I guess if someone is allowed to speak in all caps, it is God.)

Geez, I definitely need some more coffee.

No comments: