Friday, February 29, 2008

TV Wrap Up (Alt Title: Screw You Too, America)

For those of you playing along at home in the game entitled "Jason Watches American Idol," the current results are: 2 weeks passed, 3 of Jason's top 4 contestants already eliminated. Including my very favorite, Alexandrea, last night in the most egregious wrong ever committed on American soil.

If Brooke gets sent home, I will entirely refuse to watch the show again this season.

Also, I can see and hear empirically that that small Mormon boy, David A., is a very good singer. And he's inappropriately humble and cute about it. But sweet damn, why do I want to punch him in the face so much? The only thing stopping me is the fact that he completely lost his shit when Alexandrea was eliminated. Like, falling-over-sobbing-into-the-warm-embrace-of-Crazy-Hot-Luke-Menard-during-her-singout levels of shit losing. That was nice of him. But seriously, that's the only thing keeping him off my Most Hated List.

OH, AND - David Cook? You are officially dead to me, after that interview this week, wherein you used the phrases "word nerd," "enamored with word meanings," and "vocab" unironically. Do you remember that scene from The History Boys where they're giving that eulogy about "[someone's] love for words, and language"? Of course you don't, because I am the only person in the world who cares about that movie/play. But still, this was exactly like that, only one million times worse. I'm talking Taylor Hicks levels of revulsion.

Dead to me.

----------------------------

I stopped watching Lost twelve episodes into the second season, when I realized that it was doing nothing but pissing me off every Wednesday night. Questions upon mysteries, upon riddles, upon Matthew Fox's smug face, I'd had enough.

Then I found myself in front of the TV the night that this season started, and they had a one hour "catch up on the last 3 seasons" Cliff's Notes episode before it started. I figured, what the hell, and tried it out. While the recap was basically telling a story that had absolutely nothing to do with the first 2 seasons that I had watched, it was sort of interesting in its own right and I went ahead and watched the season premiere. And I've been rehooked ever since.

I have almost nothing to say about this whatsoever, except that I loved the episode last night more than any other hour of TV that I've seen this year. I make no excuses for the fact that I love the pure sap that was The Time Traveler's Wife, and this was like a fanfiction episode of what would happen if Lost and TTTW did a crossover episode. Sort of sappy, sort of confusing, sort of science fiction. My kind of TV. Good play, Lost.

No comments: