Monday, November 27, 2006

Back in the Saddle

Lately I haven't been able to stop using the word delicious to describe everyday events.

The movie Stranger Than Fiction? Delicious.

The Spurs/Mavs game this weekend? Most delicious.

This means nothing really, but just serves as notice that when I say that Thanksgiving was delicious, it was an entirely different sort of delicious. One that involved at least 7 different kinds of pie, two kinds of dressing, and the largest turkey I personally have ever seen.

I now weigh 5 pounds more than when I left my apartment on Thursday morning. I regret nothing.

---------------------------

Right now is the exact time of year when I start thinking how much I love winter. It gets dark nice and early, it's cold enough to bust out my scarves (which I love and are flattering), but not cold enough to really hurt. Shortly I'll get into the mindset that my favorite season is winter, and start frolicking around like a demented Precious Moments figurine, listening to Christmas music non-stop and spending money on presents as if my bank account didn't currently have an available balance that requires the breaking of a twenty to cash out.

This lasts usually about 2-3 weeks until it gets actually cold - the kind of cold that burrows directly into your bones and makes my lovely Kenneth Cole corduroy jacket seem like it's made out of cheese cloth, and the heater in the Truck of Malfunction goes on the fritz. Then I really quickly come crashing down to earth and start cursing the winter and long for the 100's of degrees that come with summer. This usually also manages to coincide with the arrival of my credit card bill midway through December. Funny how that goes.

This leaves a good 2 month span in which to be bitter and cold, so it all works out for everyone.

But right now? Man, I love me some winter! It's almost time for (Gingerbread) House Party 2006!

----------------------------

Oh, and the final tally on the NaNoWriMo thing? 25,678 words, and I officially give up. It was a good run, but too much work and too much holidays were in the way. I'll still probably finish up the story eventually, but certainly not by the end of the month deadline, so I'm not gonna knock myself out over it. I feel pretty accomplished. No t-shirt, though. Too bad. Maybe next year.

Maybe this means I can actually start posting again, with some regularity. We'll see, though, as I am way lame nowadays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh My God! You are alive!!!!!!!! I was starting to get worried, no WoW in 13 days, no posts in a while, you are never online...... I thought I might have to break down and start calling all the dallas numbers I could find and if that failed drive down to see what kind of misfortune occured.....


Jim