Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Oh Yes. This Is Exactly What I Needed Right Now.

A quick notice to whoever used the dryer in my apartment complex before me:

Watch your back.

Specifically, watch your back for a tiny guy in a bad mood who is wearing clothes that are completely covered in the multicolor glitter that was left in the dryer by your clothes earlier, causing him to have to go into work everyday for the foreseeable future looking gayer than goddamn Tinkerbell.

The results will not be pleasant for you.

Fair warning.

----------------------------------

While we are here.

To the makers of the new Ben Folds CD:

Whatever on Earth possessed you to make a dual disc CD/DVD combo that (according to the tiny, tiny letter box in the bottom right corner of the back of the jewel case) "not all DVD and CD players will play the audio side of this disc?"

Because yes, I totally bought a goddamn CD with the intention of never needing to actually LISTEN to it! I just like the look. It's like a coaster! Or a Frisbee! Or the shape of my bottled but quickly escaping rage at stupid stupid things that people do to ward off musical piracy. But guess what? It did the exact damn opposite thing, because I went out and downloaded every single song on the CD illegally. And I felt completely entitled to it, since I actually paid the money for them, but have no way of accessing them. Great job, that.

-------------------------------------

And the only non-angry note of the day:

Kung Fu Hustle was completely and totally awesome. I loved the entire thing. It was like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, but instead of a green sword and a sad/confusing ending, there was total awesomeness. And there was hustling! Actually, less Hustle and more Kung Fu than I would have liked, but nothing to complain about.

It really put me in an excellent mood. Right until I realized that I was going to be covered in glitter for the rest of my life-I'm serious watch your back anonymous dude from the laundry room someday when you least expect it I will be there and my wrath will be something to witness and it will involve glitter in a way that I have yet to determine.

Breathe, Jason, breathe.

No comments: