Thursday, September 20, 2007

Comfort Update + Get Psyched, Yo

A quick note, because I'm sure you were all worried - Holy shit, y'all, the pillow situation is sorted out, and it's awesome. Back problems are gone, and I'm getting some serious amounts of sleep. Enough so that I managed to hit my alarm at least twice this morning and go back to sleep without ever consciously waking up. Sure I was colossally late for work, but sweet damn am I ever refreshed. Vive la memory foam!

------------------------

Today, we will take our important lesson of the day from How I Met Your Mother (as you should everyday).

"He's always sad these days. He should be like me. Whenever I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story. "
- Barney
You heard the man. Been feeling sad lately? Stop it and be awesome instead! And what's a better way to feel awesome than a truly spectacular Get Psyched Mix CD? Nothing, that's what!

Jason's Get Psyched Mix, Vol. 1
  1. New Shoes - Paolo Nutini (to start off happy, but not too excited)
  2. Add Your Light to Mine - Lucky Soul (okay, now we're happy AND excited)
  3. Shake Me (vocal mix) - Mint Royale (AND now we're grooving)
  4. Inaction - We Are Scientists (from grooving to rocking)
  5. Little of Your Time - Maroon 5 (full on rocking out)
  6. Blue Song - Mint Royale (down a little bit, but still grooving)
  7. Not Enough - The 88 (still bringing it down)
  8. When Your Mind's Made Up - Glen Hansard (Once OST) (all the way down)
  9. Baby, It's Fact - Hellogoobye (start bringing it back up, but still low key. A song to dance to.)
  10. I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers (rising, and now you have to dance and sing along too.)
  11. This Ain't a Scene - Fall Out Boy (back to the rocking)
  12. Here It Goes Again - OK Go (almost fully psyched)
  13. Grace Kelly - Mika (happiness to full, rocking out to max, now properly psyched)

Feel free to mix and match. If anyone has suggestions of songs to properly raise your happiness quotient, leave a note. I need happiness inducing music, people.

No comments: