Wednesday, March 14, 2007

So Where Were We?

You may have noticed that I haven't been around lately. When I say "you," I'm obviously referring to the imaginary readers that I still have after letting this place lie fallow for about a month. You're awesome, imaginary people that most likely do not exist.

Rapid fire updates of how I spent the last 20 odd days or so:
  • Working. Working, working, working. Like a house elf. Coming into work at 8:00, leaving at 6:00-6:30, stopping only for about 30 minutes once a day to eat a sandwich at my desk. People want their mortgages and they want them right now, dammit. I am freaking exhausted and earning every red cent of my raise.
  • Devon's birthday weekend, which was full of things that I would normally abhor, like piano bars and tequila but turned out to be wicked fun and was also full of things I love, like vodka sours, avocados, public drunkenness, IHOP, and that Proclaimers song about walking 500 miles.
  • House hunting. I have just less than 2 months before I need to move. And I am determined to find the absolute best house out there. Items that I am looking for in my new house (in no particular order): Three bedrooms, at least two full baths (preferably 3), a distance from my office that does not make my commute more than 30 minutes, a back yard, a neighborhood in which we are not across the street from a crackhouse on one side and a church converted into a hippie/cult den on the other, a lease that starts approximately on May 15th, no longer than a 12 month commitment, that looks relatively new, with all appliances supplied except for washer/dryer, hardwood floors or very new carpet, at least 1,650 square feet, and showers that have really excellent water pressure. All for as little money as humanly possible. Is that so much to ask?
  • Wild allergy attacks. The last of which happened yesterday and left me so incapacitated that I had to leave the office and sit in a waiting room with 2,000 small screaming children for 2 hours, rather than endure another second wondering if my head would actually explode like that one scene in Total Recall. I eventually left with an allergy shot that was effective for approximately only 14 hours, 4 different sets of blood tests taken (when it was determined that I was running a fever in conjunction with a sinus infection), 5 different stab wounds (3 small blood tests on various fingers, one full vial of blood taken from my arm for a complete blood workup, and an ass wound from the allergy shot), 2 kinds of antibiotics, a nose spray, a new type of allergy pill that is supposed to be less paranoia-inducing, and some lovely hydrocodone spiked decongestant that made sleeping last night incredibly enjoyable.

And, hmm, I think that's it. I finished a couple of books and saw a couple of movies, but it's not Friday and would still like to avoid reviews on non week-ending days.

How have all you imaginary people been?

2 comments:

Mark said...

I am no imaginary reader, boy!

But I'm doing fine, thanks for asking ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm a real life reader too.
I'm glad to see you're back!
Barb
Winnipeg,Manitoba, Canada