Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Success About Something...

Man, okay. Did you ever have a week where just doing anything that required any kind of effort was just not worth it? Because I've been having that week for about 15 straight days. So much stuff keeps my attention all day long that by the time I get the free minute to write anything down (or get anything else done - those brakes on my car still aren't fixed) I would just so rather turn up the television and blast some video game monsters into oblivion.

I have grown massively lazy, even moreso than before. Which is seriously saying something. Yesterday I got home, did household chores for 45 minutes and then took a freaking 2 hour nap. That was basically my entire night - sleeping followed by a light meal, followed by sleeping. I am such a rock star.

---------------------------------------

Yesterday morning as I was getting ready to leave the house, I realized that I didn't have my glasses on. I ran around everywhere I could think to, looking for them, but eventually had to abandon them and drive blind, so I wouldn't be late. This was mildly annoying, made moreso by the fact that I had done the same thing last Friday. "Showing my old age," I figured. I get to work after blindly weaving through traffic for hours (sidebar: I am a horrible driver. It's depressing to realize that you suck at something so fundamental in life. But I totally do.) and settle in to my workday of squinting like an old man. 30 minutes in, I lean over to pick up a fallen paperclip and my glasses fall out of my shirt pocket. Apparently I wasn't showing my old age, I was showing my Alzheimer's Disease. For the love. It's the equivalent of losing your glasses when they're on the top of your head, only I don't even have that excuse, because my shirt pocket is where I keep my glasses. I swear I'm only 23, yet I sound as though I'm about to yell at a bunch of kids to stay out of my damn yard. If I had a yard. (Do you notice how often I say that? I think I have some sort of yard fixation. Latent Homeownership Envy, I suppose. One of the hazards of working in the mortgage industry.)

---------------------------------------

So, lately it has totally been the attack of the 90's everywhere I look. The OC recently featured an entire episode's worth of throwback 90's songs and covers, in addition to the hideously painful cheesiness that was the episode itself (Seth hanging off the roof in a Spiderman mask? I yelled at the television so loudly that my sister came running into the room. I mean, Jesus.). And nowadays whenever I drive out for lunch, the radio stations are compelled to do this lunch hour flashback into my high school years. And while I may not have fully enjoyed those years as a whole, damn but I love the music. A lot of it sounds like a bunch of REM, Greenday, and every derivative thereof (which, yeah, it mostly was) but it's all very comforting and pleasing to the ear. And by The Ear, I mean My Ear, because mine is the only musical taste that matters in the world that revolves around Jason. Blind Melon, No Doubt, and Nirvana? Be still my tiny, black heart.

----------------------------------------

New Amazing Race starts tonight. You should totally watch. Brand new season, you can be in from the beginning. Easily the most addictive thing I've been a part of, television-wise. Racing around the world. Detours and Roadblocks. I fully believe I would kick a ton of ass if I was a contestant on this show.

More realistically Jim & I would be partners (Estranged Friends/Former Bandmates) and we would be eliminated in the third leg after I got us lost driving through the streets of Calcutta and we were taken hostage by a group of wandering gypsies, but whatever. We would totally kick ass.

No comments: