Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Too Sick for Anything But a Meme

Because not even debilitating illness slows down a cliched blog, dammit! (Borrowed from Erin's archives from 1 million years ago)

Firsts

First best friend: Dustin (Last name withheld. And not just because I totally can't remember it), in the 2nd through 7th grades.
First car: 1997 Red Ford Ranger. Aka: The TOM. Still in use 10 years later.
First date: I'm stretching to remember. Probably Peggy? Did I ever date before then? I was(am) a bid nerd, so I doubt it.
First real kiss: Also Peggy, pretty sure on that one.
First screen name: Beaverguy. Some things never change, sadly enough.
First self purchased album: No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom.
First funeral: None so far (one of those knock on wood situations, for reals)
First piercing/tattoo: Nope
First pet: Spot, the hamster
First enemy: Daniel Patel, in the 4th grade. Man I hated that kid.

Lasts

Last car ride: A bleary drive into work this morning.
Last kiss: Jordan.
Last good cry: Um, gosh... oh wait! When I reread The Time Traveler's Wife last month. God that's a sad book.
Last movie seen: All the way through: Blades of Glory. More recently, I made it through the first 10 minutes of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind before I started throwing up. (Unrelated to the movie)
Last beverage drank: Mug full of chocolate-coffee first thing this morning.
Last food consumed: Bowl of Cheerios before bed last night.
Last crush: Neil Patrick Harris on the How I Met Your Mother. Because I am sick in the head, obviously.
Last phone call: Frank, trying to tempt me into Whataburger despite my vows against cholesterol.
Last shoes worn: My wildly uncomfortable work shoes. Very professional.
Last album played: Mates of State - Bring it Back
Last annoyance: When we were out of milk last night for my Cheerios.
Last disappointment: That I missed Sean's debut of his movie at the AFI Film Festival last week.
Last time scolded: Yesterday when I did something monumentally stupid at work. Sometimes I wonder how I function in the real world.
Last t-shirt worn: My faux-vintage orange SMU shirt that is three times too small for me.
Last website visited: www.penny-arcade.com
Last song you sang: Queen - Somebody to Love, on the way home from work on Monday before the illness descended.

Whats

What's in your cd player?: I will assume this means the last CD I physically bought at the store, which would be Regina Spektor - Begin to Hope, which I have since loaned away and will probably never see again.
What color socks are you wearing?: Black
What color of underwear are you wearing?: Blue
What's under your bed?: All of my important documents in a file-folder and the box that my cell phone came in.
What time did you wake up today?: 8:10. Nyquil played a significant part in that.

Future

Where do you want to go?: Boston, to visit Julia, the entrepreneur.
What is your career going to be?: We're going to ignore this question so I don't end up curled into a tiny ball sobbing uncontrollably.
Where are you going to live?: Dallas.
What kind of car?: Once I am rich and/or famous, a dark green Jaguar.

Currents

Current mood: Brooding over illness
Current music: The Best of The Proclaimers, randomly split with some of Amanda Palmer's live stuff.
Current taste: Tiny cup full of mandarin oranges.
Current hair: Recently cut, still longer than usual, spiky and out of control.
Current longing: Some vacation time
Current desktop picture: Penny Arcade picture: "Roll for Inititative"
Current favorite artist: Regina Spektor, still #1 in my heart.
Current time-wasting: Puzzle Quest, for the Nintendo DS. I have spent more time playing this game in the past week than I have watching TV and messing around on the Internet combined. It's an addiction, people.
Current hates: Allergies, illness, the word "Whatev."

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go try and find a dignified way to lie down in my office without throwing up or offending anyone's sensibilities concerning office decorum.

1 comment:

erin said...

OMG
i totally got referenced in a jason post

*dances*